MotoGP - Rossi concerned about Indy safety

Go down

MotoGP - Rossi concerned about Indy safety

Post by Ross on Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:25 pm

Valentino Rossi will raise concerns about the new Indianapolis circuit at the MotoGP Safety Commission meeting tomorrow following the first official test at the American circuit last week.

Test riders from all teams were in action at the historic circuit, which is scheduled to hold its first MotoGP event later this year.

But with some worries about the tight layout and track surface, Rossi has said that some action may be needed before the event.

"The information about Indianapolis is not very positive, because they saw four or five corners which are very, very tight," Rossi told reporters in Germany.

"Especially the biggest problem is that there are three or four different types of tarmac with a different amount of grip. So all the riders complained about that.

"We will speak about Indianapolis tomorrow at the Safety Commission because (safety representative Franco) Uncini also was at Indianapolis. I spoke to him on the telephone and he said they are not very happy about the conditions. So we'll try to fix it."

Rossi also suggested that the layout of the track is also being looked at, with the close proximity of concrete walls of big concern,

"I've never been there, but they modified the last corner and Nicky (Hayden) was there. They tried to make the hairpin slower to avoid the risk (of hitting the wall) in case of a crash. But I don't know if it's enough. But we'll speak tomorrow to understand better."

Autosport

Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2008-02-23

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/absolutemorons

Back to top Go down